David Ridge, Donald Kennelly, Jeff Budin, Zachariah Spellman, Jeanne Geiger
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10 - 9 am-2 pm
Music Building Recital Hall, MB1055, CSU, East Bay (Hayward, CA)
“Wallace’s unit is like an elite commando unit: lean, mean and packing some serious heat.” — Forest Dylan Bryant, Jazz Observer
“San Francisco native Wayne Wallace is practically a one-man ecosystem of jazz. He is a phenomenal
trombonist, composer, arranger, bandleader, educator, producer, and head of his own record label. With
impeccable musicianship and boundless imagination, this group takes listeners on a multicultural
musical voyage to Cuba, Africa, and Latin America.” — Forrest Dylan Bryant, Jazz Observer
Information: (510) 885-3167 Trombone Day Information website
The CSU East Bay Department of Music extends great appreciation and thanks to Dick Akright of A&G Music (Oakland, CA) for his enthusiastic support and help in attaining the guest artist for this event.
- 8:30 a.m.: Registration
- 9-10 a.m.(Recital Hall, MB1055): San Francisco Opera Low Brass Section: Dave Ridge (bass trombone), Jeffrey Budin and Donald Kennelly (trombone), and Zachariah Spellman (Tuba) performing excerpts from the Wagner's opera Lohengrin.
- 10:05-10:35 a.m (MB1039): Wayne Wallace with Stanley Middle School's The Jazz Messengers directed by Bob Athayde
- 10:40-11:10 a.m. (MB1039): Wayne Wallace with CSU East Bay Jazz Orchestra and Jeanne Geiger directed by Dann Zinn
- 11:15-12:15 (Recital Hall, MB1055):Wayne Wallace Master Class
- 12:30-1:15 p.m.: The Bay Bones Trombone Choir with Wayne Wallace and Dave Ridge
- 1:25 - 2 p.m.: Open Trombone Choir with Billy Robinson
- Bring your trombone and join in!
Feel free to download the flyer